Please read the below FAQs or contact us directly for further information:
• When is the application deadline?
The deadline is Thursday 31 October 2019 at 22h00 local time (GMT +2). Please note that NO late submissions will be considered after the cut-off date.
• How will I know if my application was successful or not?
If you do not get a response from us within 14 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Top 5 applicants will be notified by phone/email on or before 7 November 2019.
The final winner will be announced on or before 11 November 2019.
• How old must I be to apply?
The bursary is open to South African citizens between the ages of 18 – 30 years.
• I am not a South African citizen. Can I still apply for the bursary?
DAF is an international academy which welcomes learners from all over the world
. The Noni Gasa Bursary, however, is offered exclusively to South African citizens.
• I have no previous experience in fashion design. Do I stand a chance?
Applicants do not need previous design experience to enter the bursary competition. We are, however, looking for an aspiring fashion designer with a natural creative and artistic flair.
• What is the minimum academic requirement to study at DAF?
To enrol in the Diploma in Fashion
course, the criterion is a National Senior Certificate with a minimum of 30% in English. Matric certification with the required level of completion.
• I am currently studying at another university or fashion college. Can I still apply?
Yes. DAF regularly accepts local and international students who are already enrolled at other universities or institutions. Students may transfer their credits to DAF and enrol for their 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study. For more information, please contact us
via phone or e-mail.
• If I transfer to DAF from another institution, do I still qualify to be considered for the GUCCI Fellowship?
Yes, as long as you start and complete your 3rd year at DAF, you will be eligible for consideration.
• What financial requirements must I meet, if any?
The purpose of the bursary is to offer financial assistance to a student who needs it most. Therefore, preference will be given to exceptionally talented applicants who are unable to pay the tuition fees.
• If I am not awarded the bursary, can I still apply to DAF as a paying student?
• I don’t live in Cape Town. Do I have to move to Cape Town to study at DAF?
• Can DAF help me find accommodation in Cape Town?
DAF does not offer accommodation. We are, however, happy to assist or recommend (where possible) to find suitable student accommodation for you.
• Are any of the sponsored prizes transferable to my family and friends?
No. The sponsored prizes may NOT be transferred or used by any person other than the beneficiary. A legal agreement will be signed between the student and the school.
Please read Terms & Conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
· Applications must be submitted via www.designacademyoffashion.com
· Applications are open to South African citizens only.
· Applicable to Diploma students only, enrolling for First Year in February 2020.
· All participants must be eligible to study a Diploma (as per their National Senior Certificate). Applicants must submit their National Senior Certificate to Design Academy of Fashion as soon as they receive it.
· Should the students not have met the minimum requirements for entrance into the program applied for, the student will forfeit their application.
· Bursary beneficiaries have one week to confirm acceptance of the bursary as well as all pre-requisites laid out in the terms & conditions. Thereafter they are required to enrol by completing their enrolment online within one week of acceptance to secure their place at Design Academy of Fashion for 2020.
· In order to continue on the bursary program, the winning student must successfully pass the 1st and 2nd levels.
· The Noni Gasa Bursary candidate must complete their studies in no more than 3 years (36 months) for the Diploma in Fashion.
· Should the beneficiary fail or drop out of the program, they will be held liable for the full year’s fees.
· Bursary students who receive partial funding are expected to ensure that their fees are up to date and communicate any problems that may arise through the right channels following the correct procedures.
· Bursary includes full tuition fees for 3 years, R5 000 towards living expenses, R1 000 per month from Woolworths Food (36 months), unlimited mobile data from Rain (36 months), Art Kit, Sewing Kit, Elna sewing machine & Elna overlocker.
· Bursary students are ambassadors of DAF and as such are required to act in an acceptable and respectable manner. This includes but is not limited to passing all modules, submitting assignments by the required deadlines, class punctuality and acceptable attendance of lectures presented.
· Bursary students are also expected to act in line with DAF’s Policies and Procedures and the student’s code of conduct laid out in the institutional handbook.
· Bursary students are held accountable for the sponsorship prizes, kits and equipment that provided to them. Equipment must be looked after, maintained and insured.
· The bursary funds are non-transferable and the beneficiary chosen is final and subject to Design Academy of Fashion’s discretion.
· The scholarship funds are non-transferable and the beneficiary chosen is final and subject to Design Academy of Fashion’s discretion.31