Learn the basics of computer-aided fashion design
using Photoshop & Illustrator
12 October until 29 October
DURATION: 3 Weeks
COST: R 3200
Pay before 2 October to receive your
By clicking the apply button, you will be redirected to the short course application form. When you submit the form, you will be redirected to the payment options. Your options are, Snapscan, Payjustnow (3 months installment interest free), Payfast, EFT, and cash/card at DAF campus.
The Computer-Aided Design course is broken into 8 two-hour lessons. From Monday to Thursday. We will start with Photoshop and then move onto Illustrator. You will be given daily tasks and homework assignments.
Lessons will take place on the e-learning platform of our Student Management System. You will be provided with course notes, resources, and video tutorials. We will conduct online sessions for additional assitance.
- Lesson One: Introduction/gain familiarity with the Photoshop interface and work area/gain familiarity with basic tools and start generating basic shapes.
- Lesson Two: Importing images/adjusting images and image layout.
- Lesson Three: Creating a mood board with desired theme.
- Lesson Four: Creating a collage with desired theme using all methods learnt over the first 4 lessons.
- Lesson Five: Introduction/gain familiarity with Illustrator interface and work area/gain familiarity with basic tools and start generating basic shapes using the pen tool.
- Lesson Six: Outline of basic fashion figure template.
- Lesson Seven: Filling basic fashion figure template with colour and texture.
- Lesson Eight: Bringing your fashion figure to life with shadows/burn and dodge tool.
YOUR COURSE CONVENER
Katy-Jane Huemer is a fashion designer and graphic artist. During her final year of her 3-year diploma at Design Academy of Fashion, Katy-Jane was already gaining industry experience through freelancing with one of South Africa’s largest fashion retailers. Katy-Jane continues to freelance for fashion suppliers, high-end brands, and major retailers and is ready to pass on her expert knowledge of industry-standard design.
At the end of this course you will receive a certificate of completion and be able to :
Understand the fundamentals of the design applications, Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop.
- Create visual moodboards that communicates your inspired vision.
Bring your fashion figures to life using creativity and technical know-how of design applications.
Manipulate, blend and add textures to your designs for a professional look.
You will need a computer that meets Adobe software requirements and a good internet connection.
Once you have registered with the course, we will add your e-mail details to the Design Academy of Fashion’s Adobe Console. You will receive an email from Adobe confirming your temporary account so that you may download the Photoshop & Illustrator.
Please check that your computer hardware meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.