APPLICATIONS ARE ONLINE ONLY.
To enrol into the Diploma of Fashion course, the criterion is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the English Language. Matric Certification certified with the required level of completion.
To enrol into the Higher Certificate of Fashion course, the criterion is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the English Language. Matric Certification certified with the required level of completion.
To enroll in a Short course, no qualifications are required
Design Academy of Fashion is committed to enriching and transforming the future of its students and works closely with NPO’s and companies that awards a range of bursaries and support. These bursaries are given annually to encourage academic excellence and increase the diversity of our student population.
Please contact us for more information.
Applicants that do not live in the Republic of South Africa should read through the following steps carefully. This will give an indication of the time frame which should be taken into account when applying. It is suggested that the process commence as early as possible.
- Applicants are required to have a Matric Certificate with the relevant endorsement or equivalent thereof. A foreign qualification can be certified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) . You can also go here directly to download the form. Please note that the process can take anything from 10 to 30 working days. Please check the form for applicable fees.
- You may apply at the Design Academy of Fashion in the meantime, however, acceptance will be based on the outcome from SAQA for foreign students.
- Simply complete the Application form and submit along with your essay, storyboard, copy of your Passport and a copy of your latest learner record. Proof of payment of the R2200,00 application fee for non South African citizens must also accompany the application. If you have already received your certificate from SAQA please submit this as well. All copies need to be certified as true copies of the original. You can post the portfolio, taking into account that the postal service may also take up to 4 weeks, OR you may courier it, OR scan everything and email it to us. Please ensure that all copies, once scanned are readable.
- DAF will send you an acceptance letter once your portfolio is approved, stating the duration of the course you applied for.
- You will then need to go to the nearest South African Embassy or Consulate in order to apply for a Study Visa, using the acceptance letter. The Embassy will advise of any further requirements as well as fees payable before acceptance. The visa may take up to 8 weeks . Once you have received your visa, you can book your trip to the RSA.
- On arrival at DAF a copy of the study visa will be required for your file. The study visa must state specifically that the student will be studying at the Design Academy of Fashion.
- DAF does not offer accommodation, We are, however, happy to assist students, where possible, in finding suitable accommodation