develop and design your vision
Fashion Design & Illustration
LEARN THE PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN THROUGH CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT TO FINAL EXCECUTION
WHEN SELECTING TWO COURSES
The Design Academy of Fashion’s short course calendar is designed to enhance learning by offering consecutive courses that build on knowledge.
Learn more and save more.
Choose your Course Option
R500 Registration Fee is necessary to book your spot. Spaces are Limited.
9am - 1pm
Inc. Adobe Design
9am - 1pm
2023 COURSE DATES
STARTS: 28 JANUARY 2023
BREAK: 18 FEBRUARY 2023
ENDS: 11 MARCH 2023
STARTS: 6 MAY 2023
BREAK: 3 JUNE 2023
ENDS: 17 JUNE 2023
STARTS: 19 AUG 2023
BREAK: 16 SEPT 2023
ENDS: 7 OCT 2023
STARTS: 14 OCT 2023
BREAK: 11 NOV 2023
ENDS: 25 NOV 2023
FASHION DESIGN & ILLUSTRATION
The Fashion Design & Illustration course is broken into 6 four-hour lessons. These lessons will take place every Saturday from 9am-1pm for the duration of the course and be held on campus at Design Academy of Fashion. We will start with building your concept through a visual diary and then move onto sketching and illustration. You will receive engaging tasks and assignments.
You will be provided with course notes, resources, and lectures as well as practical on hand assistance from our facilitator. There will also be a whatsapp group and contact details for extra assistance to any questions during the week.
- Lesson One: Introduction to the process of building a concept. Creating a visual diary.
- Lesson Two: Dive into the principles of Design. Exploring rough sketching.
- Lesson Three: Research fashion illustration styles for inspiration.
- Lesson Four: Develop your own unique croqui. Fabric effects and 3D techniques.
- Lesson Five: With style developed, we create a range 3 outfits/looks.
- Lesson Six: Effective layout and design principles for final presentation.
ADOBE DIGITAL FASHION DESIGN
The Adobe for Fashion Design course is broken into 6 four-hour lessons. These lessons will take place every Saturday from 9 am-1 pm for the duration of the course and be held on campus at the Design Academy of Fashion. You will receive engaging tasks and assignments.
- Lesson One: Introduction/gain familiarity with the Photoshop interface and work area/gain familiarity with basic tools and start generating basic shapes. Importing images/adjusting images and image layout.
- Lesson Two: Creating a mood board with the desired theme. Creating a collage with the desired theme using all methods learnt over the first 4 lessons.
- Lesson Three: Finalising your mood board and layout.
- Lesson Four: Introduction/gain familiarity with Illustrator interface and work area/gain familiarity with basic tools and start generating basic shapes using the pen tool. Outline of basic fashion figure template.
- Lesson Five: Filling basic fashion figure template with colour and texture. Bringing your fashion figure to life with shadows/burn and dodge tool.
- Lesson Six: Final touches and finishes of your fashion drawing for industry-standard submissions.
YOUR COURSE CONVENER
Natheal is a fashion designer currently working for a major South African online retailer. After completing his Diploma in Fashion at the Design Academy of Fashion, Natheal continued his studies, achieving an Advanced Diploma while lecturing part-time at DAF.
Natheal thoroughly enjoys teaching and sharing knowledge and is passionate about giving the best education to the students.
At the end of the fashion design & illustration course you will receive a certificate of completion and be able to :
Understand the principles of design through proportions, details and body shape.
Create visual diary and transform it in to a concept that builds the foundation to your design.
Sketch and Illustrate your designs with your own unique style using texture and learnt techniques.
Design and layout your for visual clarity remaining focused on the concept.
Understand the fundamentals of the design applications, Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop.
Digital visual moodboards that communicates your inspired vision.
Bring your fashion figures to life using creativity and technical know-how of design applications.
Manipulate, blend and add textures to your designs for a professional look.
Required stationery and supplies to complete the course:
Fashion Design & Illustration – HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, fine liner (0.1 and 0.3) and some form of colour (watercolour, gouache, pencil crayons, watercolour pencils, different colour pens etc) with appropriate paper for the medium, access to a printer, journal A4, A4 paper.
Adobe Digital Fashion Design – Notebook, Pen and 4Gig Flash drive.
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION FORM:
OR SIGN UP ONLINE: